The Triangle Aphasia Project, Unlimited is proud to offer resources for individuals, families and the community regarding aphasia.
We recognize that much of this information is made available by incredible national organizations that are committed to providing the latest information about research advances, support opportunities and treatment programs.
- The National Aphasia Association
- Aphasia Hope Foundation
- American Stroke Association
- National Stroke Association
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
There are many programs and applications to aid in the rehabilitation programs of individuals with aphasia. One getting a lot of press these days is called Constant Therapy.
- UNC Stroke Support Group
meets 2nd Wed of every month, 1-2 pm
- UNC Brain Injury Support Group
meets 3rd Wed of every month, 1-2 pm
Both meet at:
Center for Rehabilitation Care (CRC)
1807 North Fordham Blvd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
For more information, contact Dr. Judy Schmidt firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-966-5980
- Stronger After Stroke: Your Roadmap to Recovery, 2nd Edition 2nd Edition by Peter G. Levine
- My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist’s Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor
- The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge
- The Brain’s Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity (James H. Silberman Book) Updated Edition by Norman Doidge
- The Power of Neuroplasticity by Shad Helmstetter Ph.D.
- Aphasia Recovery Connection’s Guide to Living with Aphasia by Amanda P. Anderson M.S. CCC-SLP and Carol Dow-Richards
- Aphasia Handbook: A Guide for Stroke And Injury Survivors And Their Families by Joan Peters and Martha Taylor Sarno
- Brain Attack: My Journey of Recovery From Stroke and Aphasia by David Dow (Author), Carol Dow-Richards (Author), Dr. Mike Dow (Foreword)
- Rewire Your Brain, Rewire Your Life: A Handbook for Stroke Survivors & Their Caregivers by Bob Guns PhD
- By His Side: Life and Love after Stroke by Eileen Steets Quann
- Healing into Possibility: The Transformational Lessons of a Stroke by Alison Bonds Shapiro
- Other Aphasia-related book listing from the National Aphasia Association