Our Mission: “To serve individuals with aphasia, their families and the community through innovative life participation approaches that maximize communicative potential and reduces barriers to social re-engagement.”
The Triangle Aphasia Project Unlimited is committed to offering services at reasonable costs and has program options for those who need financial assistance. The project operates by the generous financial contributions of our friends, families, and the community, as well as through reasonable service fees for the programs offered.
The Triangle Aphasia Project Unlimited works together with the community service providers. Area hospitals, rehabilitation centers and community professionals are made aware of our services and use them as supplemental support/programming and for when an individual no longer qualifies for programs offered at their site. TAP does not compete with area professionals, rather collaborates and serves to assist their planning for individuals with aphasia.
The services we offer include:
Individuals with Aphasia: Compassionate and individualized support to stay engaged and reach communicative potential.
- Therapy groups across the Triangle, with a main office hub in Cary
- Intensive weekly programming / Aphasia Day
- Specialized Groups: Young Person’s Group, Back To Work Group, High Level / OutSpoken Group, and Groups for individuals with PPA/FTD, etc.
- Assistance with Individualized (Re) Engagement Plans and Trainings
- Collaborative associations with Assistive Technology, Adaptive Sport and Music/Arts
- Support / Advocacy programs
Families: Communicative connections through training, support and access to resources.
- “Learning to Speak Aphasia” training for families / friends
- Specialized / Comprehensive Children’s Training Program for children and/or grandchildren of those with aphasia
- Communicative Support Team training
- Support groups / TAPnet
Community: Reducing barriers and building communicative bridges easing transitions for those dealing with aphasia.
191 High House Road
Cary, NC 27511